Conference: Cross-border climate change impacts and systemic risks in Europe and beyond
Climate impacts in one location that propagate to other locations through trade and value chains, development and security policies, and financial systems, may have disrupting effects similar to the COVID-19 pandemic and the war on Ukraine. These effects are not easily represented in traditional analysis frameworks and need to be embedded in the wider context of social vulnerability and climate change.
The horizon 2020 projects CASCADES and RECEIPT are pleased to invite you to register for their joint conference “Cross-border climate change impacts and systemic risks in Europe and beyond” on 16-18 October 2023 at PIK (Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research), in Germany and, partially, online.
Our conference aims to unite scientists from various disciplines to explore innovative approaches in understanding and adapting to cross-border climate impacts and risks. Discover more information about the conference, which will take place at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research. Selected sessions will be available online as well.
Abstract submission and registration is now open until 10 May. Click hereto register and submit your abstract! To be kept up to date on registration and the concrete programme of the conference, sign up here.
Please find the timeline below:
- Abstract submission and registration open: February 28, 2023
- Abstract submission closes: May 10, 2023
- Notification of abstract approval/contributions: May 31, 2023
- Registration closes: July 31, 2023
We are honoured to have the following renowned keynote speakers confirmed to join us:
- Johan Rockström, Director at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research & Professor in Earth System Science at the University of Potsdam
- Nicola Ranger, leads the Resilience and International Development Programme of the Environmental Change Institute at the University of Oxford
- Gabriel Felbermayr, Director of the Austrian Institute of Economic Research (WIFO) in Vienna and university Professor at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU)
- Yasuko Kameyama, Professor at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo
- Marc Zebisch, Head of the Centre for Climate Change and Transformation at Eurarc
- Dhanasree Jayaram, Assistant Professor at the Department of Geopolitics and International Relations, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), Karnataka, India